Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gluten Free White Chicken Chili

So one of the ladies in our small group is gluten-free, which means that when it was my turn to host, I had to find some appetizing gluten-free recipes. It was a crock-pot kind of day, so I thought I would try the white chicken chili recipe. Besides, it's really hard to mess up chili so I thought it would be a safe start. And let me just say....in a humble way....it was a huge hit. So much so, that I keep making it every time I host....AND, it's super easy to make!

3 Tblsp. olive oil
2 lbs. diced chicken meat (uncooked, chopped)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2-14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
2-18.75 oz. cans tomatillos, drained and chopped
2-16 oz. cans diced tomatoes
2-7 oz. cans diced green chiles
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
4-15 oz. cans white beans, drained
10 oz. frozen corn
salt and pepper

Saute onion
Cook in crock-pot 6-8 hours on low
Serve with lime, cilantro, avacado, tortilla chips or my favorite....cornbread

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds delicious. I heart my Crock pot with my busy schedule. I'm going to have to check this one out soon!

Megan said...

this recipe is almost exactly like mine! i'm sure yours is good...b/c i know mine is! ;0)