Sunday, February 7, 2010

Resolution Recap

For most of us, we have long given up on our New Year's resolutions by February. This year, I decided to come up with some creative ways to remind myself of what my resolutions are so I won't forget them like I did in 2009. The entire point of a resolution is to make yourself better than before...to make 2010 better than 2009. One obvious way to do this is to tell others what your resolutions are so that you can at least fool yourself into thinking they expect you to come through. So, here are my two biggest resolutions for 2010. What are yours? Don't give up yet....it's only February!

I'm going to run a 10k. I can't imagine ever being ready for that, but I'm going to do it.

I'm going to join forces with my husband and pay off our debt. We've been on Dave Ramsey's plan for exactly 1 year now. We started this year with around $40,000 left. Yes, $40,000. I'm too ashamed to tell you how deep we were this time last year. BUT, we are going to get crazy in the Mitchell house and pay off $40,000 in 2010.

2 comments:

Randy, Becky, and Halley said...

You are super gutsy to pay all that off in one year...but you can do it! Stay strong. (And the running thing--well I pretty much hate running so, of the two, I think the debt may be easier. :) )

Karen said...

I'm working on training for a 10K now. I can email you a copy of the training schedule we're using in conjunction with the local YMCA if you'd like. We're also working on finishing off our debt with the help of Dave Ramsey this year. LOVED his Financial Peace class and after this year we'll be done with all of our debt (thanks, Milligan) with the exception of our house, which of course means bring on the family. :)